Greatland Grocery & Supply Launches Mail Order Grocery Service to Meet Rural Alaska Needs
ANCHORAGE, Ala. July 09, 2018
Greatland Grocery & Supply announced today the launch of its mail order grocery service designed to meet the needs of rural Alaska consumers. Greatland’s service is accessible through an online storefront which aims to improve rural Alaska’s access to a wider range of foods at more affordable prices.
“We are excited for the opportunity to offer new solutions for rural Alaska in a way that leverages increased broadband access across the bush. Essentially, we offer high quality foods at affordable prices through a more convenient platform which eliminates the need for consumers to coordinate ordering and shipping between different parties,” said Clinton White, Greatland’s President and Founder. “We’ve experienced a very positive reaction while launching the service and are optimistic about our abilities to have a positive impact in our rural communities.”
Greatland’s service offers a number of innovative features to address historical market challenges including:
- An inventory of over 30,000 groceries from fresh produce, meats, frozen items, health and beauty products, dairy, beverages, and more all with free shipping to any Alaska community. Available grocery inventory is larger than most major retailers including Amazon and Walmart.
- Numerous discounted ‘food baskets’ for produce items, baby items, and health focused foods to help customers save on high value food items.
- A generous reward program providing 5% cash back on all grocery purchases along with various other savings programs.
- An integrated co-op program which provides opportunities for shoppers within individual communities to purchase collectively in order to reduce food costs by up to 25% through the utilization of Alaska’s By-Pass mail system.
- A first for the State of Alaska, a fully integrated online purchase order system for alcohol sales to rural Alaska residents. The system, developed in partnership with Anchorage based Gold Rush Liquor, offers improved accuracy and transparency of rural alcohol sales while offering lower costs to consumers.
- A free rural Alaska message board and classified service along with the launch of The Alaska Marketplace, an Etsy-like multivendor e-commerce storefront featuring authentic Alaska Native artwork and Made in Alaska products from across the Greatland.
More information about Greatland’s service can be found online at http://www.greatlandgrocery.com.